Shack burns down

A woman from Khutsong South is reeling from shock after shack burnt down on Monday, 7 January. Sibongile Lolo, who shares house number 190 with her sister and their children, was not around when the incident happened. Upon her return, she heard that a quarrel had broken out between some family members. The quarrel led to a fight where her child was injured after an attempted stabbing. She then went to the police station to report the incident and when she returned she found the shack on fire. The nephew was with the paramedics when Sibongile arrived. ‘I fainted when I arrived on the scene” she said. Sibongile lost the whole bedroom, clothing and some furniture. Her nephew said she had locked the door and left the house after the fight. She was in the street when she was informed that the house was on fire. Sibongile is devastated by the incident and believes the fire was started deliberately after the quarrel. She is hoping that members of the community will hear her pleas and offer her any assistance they can. She can be contacted on 060 303 3620gladiator

Latest News

COMMENTS

Parys GazettePotchefstroom HeraldSedibeng SterVaal Weekblad
Top